Off The Wall

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Avoidance in the Bathroom

First of all, let me start out by saying that, Adults are worse than small children! Now, when I say adult let me clarify that this does not include me. Yes, I realize that I am no longer a child and herein the fact that as of August 30, I will be closer to 30 than I have ever been before and that hereby propels me into the classification of being an adult. But not in this case. Back to my point...I went to the restroom here at work, which happens to be a university for the working adult (could have fooled me, I thought I was in Tiny Tots Daycare.) Anyway, as I went to the sink to wash my hands I noticed water...Everywhere! Can somebody please explain to me how water gets outside of the sink??? If you hold your hands under the water and over the sink the water should not stray far from you. I can understand the occasional drip from your hands while reaching for the soap dispenser or even when reaching for a paper towel. These few droplets are acceptable and can be tolerated. However, when approaching the sink, I began to get a completely appalled look on my face. Water was everywhere. Apparently the lower level bathroom at Amberton University has become a Water World for over-exuberant 'adults' that feel the need to splash and flail about aimlessly underneath the gentle, straight-flowing water in the sink in order to acceptably clean their hands from their great adventure of toilet land. It's like the freakin' Hoover Dam let loose and was massively flooding into the sink area. I began to panically look about for some fireman with a hose thinking the place had indeed, like in my dreams, caught on fire and was slowly burning down. Alas, no fireman. No Hoover Dam. Hurricane Harbor has not relocated. Instead, I am left with the thought that these full grown adults can't even accomplish a small task of washing their hands without making a mess of the place. It's like how they can't even push in their chairs when they get up from the table...but I digress.....

Wow, I kinda got on a soap box there. I didn't even get to the whole topic I planned on writing about "Avoidance in the Bathroom". I guess I'll have to save that for tomorrow.

Quote of the Day:
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home